How we give back
We supported over 60 people through walking, youth work, providing kit that has a Social Value of over £1 million. All done with little resources.
We supported 35 residents of Govan and North Lanarkshire faced with mental health challenges by:
- Enabling members in setting up and managing a fitness/health group
- Providing free trips to the outdoors – creating access to positive environments
- Setting group challenges in hill walking and overall fitness, increasing resilience, instilling sense of achievement and building positive relationships.
- Sunday talk and walk – encouraging safe and supportive conversations regarding mental health, signposting to local and national support agencies.
Animalia Reaches Out
We aim to work with 15 young people and 6 local youth agencies within a 10-week programme through:
- Pro-actively engaging with young people in disadvantaged areas (on the streets and within youth clubs)
- Working within youth clubs and local gyms to provide fitness and sport sessions.
- Improve resilience through development of coping strategies, conflict resolution techniques and self-esteem building exercises.
- Increased access to other sports facilities, such as 5 aside pitches and cross training gyms.
- Promote positive community engagement and reducing re-offending.
We aim to work with young athletes from challenging backgrounds by:
- Providing affordable sports equipment & gym residence
- Empowering them to lead events and training sessions for people in local communities
- Free social media expertise and support
- Developing sponsorship opportunities and wider relationships with sports bodies
- Reducing socio-economic barriers to a career in sports